Managed Quarantine Support - 2021-2022 academic session
We are delighted to be providing financial support for managed hotel quarantine. This is open to both new and continuing students joining us for the 2021-2022 academic year.
We do not want the costs of managed hotel quarantine to be a barrier to your being in Edinburgh for the academic year.
What support is available
Our funding support will provide up to the full costs of the managed hotel quarantine (currently £1,750) depending on your circumstances and needs.
Your application and the amount of funding you may receive will be assessed based on your financial situation. We will share more details about what evidence you will need to provide when the fund opens.
Testing costs not covered
We will only be supporting those needing to enter formal, managed quarantine. We will not be able to support costs related to tests which all travellers are required to take from amber and green list countries.
If you do need support for these costs, we have a range of hardship funds available to support anyone in unexpected financial hardship.
Who is eligible
You are eligible for funding if you:
- are a continuing student or hold a Conditional Firm or Unconditional Firm offer
- are domiciled in a country which remains on the UK red list and are required to book and pay for managed isolation in a quarantine hotel, in line with UK government regulations
- arrive by the 1st of October 2021 if you are a PGT or UG student or the 31st of October 2021 if you are a PGR student.
In order to be eligible for this funding you must be able to demonstrate that you fulfil the UKVI requirements for financially supporting your studies, including tuition fees and living costs. If you cannot provide evidence of this at this time, you will be asked to provide evidence of this closer to the time of departure, before an award can be made. Applications from students who cannot provide evidence of this will be rejected.
We are only able to provide support for students. We are unable to provide support for family members.
When to apply
You will be able to submit your application to the University between 15 July 2021 to 15 August 2021.
During the application process, you will be required to provide supporting evidence. We realise you may not have all supporting documents in place, such as, flight tickets, you can add to your application after the closing date.
Statements must be provided for all of your bank accounts from the last 8 weeks up until the recent month. This includes PayPal, Monzo, UK and overseas accounts.
- Bank account(s) must be in your (the student's) name. We cannot accept applications if you do not hold a bank account in your name, including if you use parental accounts/credit cards to pay for living expenses.
- Bank statements must be provided in PDF format and must show the account holder name, account number, transaction details and running balance. Screenshots cannot be accepted.
Evidence of funding for the 2021-2022 academic session
- A copy of your student loan, scholarship, or bursary award letter for the 2021-2022 academic session.
- You will be required to provide the documentation provided to UKVI to evidence your ability to support your studies and any additional bank statement to show the funds you have available to you. We are not able to make an assessment until we have details of how you are paying your tuition and supporting living costs which aligns with your Tier 4 visa requirements.
Travel and quarantine information
We appreciate there may be circumstances which prevent you from confirming your flight and hotel details in first instance. Please continue to complete all other information as far as you are able and submit your application. You will receive a reminder to submit additional relevant information at a later date, if applicable.
- A copy of your flight ticket, from your departure point to the UK. This must clearly show you name.
- Your hotel isolation receipt clearly showing your name, start and end date of quarantine.
You will receive an outcome by 28 August 2021, confirming if your application has been successful and the amount of financial support you will receive (up to £1750).
If successful, you will have funds reimbursed to your UK bank account once you have started your programme of study. More details on this will follow with your application outcome.
Have a question about the process?
What if I disagree with the assessment of my application?
If you disagree with the decision reached you are entitled to request a review of your application. Reviews should be sent to email@example.com with the subject "Request for Managed Quarantine Review"
Reviews should be requested in writing, clearly stating the grounds for appeal and, where appropriate, supplying additional documentary evidence to support the review process. Please also ensure you supply your original call number. All requests for review must be received within 5 days of the date of the original decision letter.
When will I receive the outcome of my review
In order to prioritise the processing of application we will not review your application until after 28 August 2021.