Amazon Future Engineer Bursary
Twelve undergraduate bursaries are available to female students across the UK studying subjects related to computing and engineering.
Amazon is working with The Royal Academy of Engineering to launch a new Amazon Future Engineer bursary scheme in the UK. Twelve awards worth up to £5,000 a year for up to four years will be made available to students progressing from A level/ Scottish Highers or technical education courses to university for the 2021/22 academic year.
The new bursaries will help students who demonstrate a drive and passion for computing and engineering, and an understanding of how innovation and creativity in these fields can help solve some of the world’s greatest challenges.
Awardees will gain exclusive access to networking groups to meet positive role models, interact with like-minded peers, build long-term relationships, and benefit from collaboration opportunities.
Award recipients will receive a financial support package worth £5,000 per year for up to four years of study to cover expenses related to attending university, including tuition fees or accommodation and living costs - a total of up to £20,000. Awards are renewable for up to four years or until a bachelor's degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon the applicant continuing full-time enrolment at an accredited UK university, and maintaining a good standing with their university.
- Be female
- Currently be studying either: - For at least 1 A-Level or Scottish Highers in Science, Technology, Engineering, or maths; and/or - A full-time technical course such as computer science or other related computing or engineering courses (e.g., a BTEC or an OCR or the Scottish equivalent) at a further education college
- Have received an offer (conditional or unconditional) to study an eligible computer science or related engineering course at a University in the United Kingdom (including eligible courses with an integrated foundation year)
- Be a resident in the United Kingdom and eligible to pay 'home' fee rates for university
- Be enrolling at a UK university and commencing study at such university at the start of the next academic year
- Have been eligible for free school meals from the date they commenced their post-16 studies and/or have at least 1 parent or guardian in receipt of state benefits (not child benefit where this is the only benefit being received)
Eligible courses include: Computer Science, Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Games and Animation, Business Computing, Applied Computing, Computer Forensics, Creative Computing, Computer Aided Engineering, Computation Mathematics, Computational Physics, or a combination of course areas, such as Electronic Engineering and Computer Science for example.
Applications for the Amazon Future Engineer Bursary are currently closed.
We are currently confirming if this will be running for the 23/24 Academic Session and will update this page with any updates.
For any questions you might have regarding the scheme, please email Veronica Frincu, Higher Education Bursaries and Scholarships Manager.