School of Informatics Scholarships
Around 40 research scholarships are available each year to new postgraduate research students within the School of Informatics.
- studentships provided by UKRI Doctoral Training Centres
- project studentships associated with research grants
- CASE studentships co-sponsored by industry
- grants from the School of Informatics, the College of Science and Engineering, and Research Institutes in Informatics
- doctoral training funds provided by EPSRC.
Funding for ongoing PhD students is also available for:
- Google Doctoral Fellowship Scheme
- Microsoft Research PhD Scholarship Scheme
Students must be nominated by their supervisors for these schemes, as they cannot apply directly.
Most are full scholarships, paying tuition fees, research costs, and a stipend to cover living expenses. A small number are partial scholarships, paying tuition fees and research costs and/or a contribution towards living expenses. For detailed information on the School’s scholarships (including application deadlines) visit the scholarships page here: https://www.ed.ac.uk/informatics/postgraduate/fees/research-scholarships
Further information - School of Informatics