ICAS Foundation Programme (Financial / Mentoring Assistance)
Support for qualifying UK students studying Accountancy or Finance.
The ICAS Foundation programme supports academically talented young people from less advantaged backgrounds by helping them take their first steps into a professional career in accountancy or finance.
ICAS Foundation programme students receive:
- A financial bursary of up to £2,500 each year to assist with study costs, normally available for the duration of a student’s undergraduate degree.
- Mentoring from an experienced Chartered Accountant.
- Assistance in finding internships and graduate roles.
- All applicants must be UK citizens, or residents with leave to remain.
- You must be planning to study an undergraduate course in Accountancy or Finance at the University of Edinburgh. If you are studying a joint degree, at least 50% of your course should involve study of Accounting or Finance topics.
- Your parental, guardian or household annual income must be below £34,000.
Students must maintain an academic standard that would eventually lead to a 2:1 Honours classification. An award may be withdrawn if a student fails to meet that academic standard as measured by the University.
Applications for the ICAS Foundation programme can be made by downloading the bursary application from the ICAS Foundation. Our full eligibility criteria and application guidelines can also be found on our website.
Applications for the 2021-2022 academic session are no longer being accepted for this scholarship as the 31st May deadline has now passed.
Applications will be considered by the ICAS Foundation Trustees and other advisors that they consider appropriate. Foundation programme applicants who are put forward will be asked to provide more detailed information about their financial circumstances. Applicants who are eligible and approved in principle will be invited to attend a final stage informal interview, where their application will be discussed in more detail before funding is confirmed.
The ICAS Foundation aims to inform all applicants of the result of their application within 6 weeks of the closing date for applications.
The ICAS Foundation is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC034836. For more information, contact the ICAS Foundation.