Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
The Trustees of the Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF) are pleased to announce the availability of funds for awards worth £5,000 to Canadian students for the academic year commencing in September 2021.
The Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund (CCSF), established in 1967, has awarded c£1,000,000 in scholarships to some 500 talented Canadians studying at over 40 different universities, colleges and conservatories across the UK. Recipients are chosen on the basis of academic or artistic excellence and their ability to represent Canada in the UK. Awards are granted to scholars from a wide range of disciplines including science, engineering, social science and humanities as well as music, creative arts and design.
To qualify for a CCSF award, an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian citizen with a valid Canadian passport: proof of Canadian citizenship is required in the form of a pdf of the main page of your valid passport. You may be asked to bring this document with you if you are shortlisted for interview.
- Be currently enrolled in a postgraduate programme (or equivalent) and at the time of applying be attending a full-time UK university or similar institution, and have completed at least one full-time term of study, with at least one full-time term remaining from September 2021. (Applicants undertaking a one-year programme are not eligible.)
- Be able to demonstrate academic excellence.
- Require funds to complete their studies.
- Previous applicants may re-apply. The CCSF offers a maximum of two scholarships to any one individual.
Full details regarding eligibility, required documentation, schedule and deadline, how to apply and rules for submission can be found in the Information for Applicants section at Canadian Centennial Scholarship Fund
The competition will open on 11th January 2021.
A link to the online application system will be available from : Canadian Centennial Schoalrship Fund
Deadline Date: 12 midnight Sunday 07 March 2021.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an online interview (Zoom) on either Thursday 20 May 2021 or Friday 21 May 2021.