What we do
We provide a single point of contact for prospective and enrolled students in finding the financial help and information they need in order to pursue their education.
The Scholarships and Financial Support Team make students aware of the many scholarships, bursaries and other funds that are available.
The Fees and Student Support Team accurately assess and record tuition fees, research costs and sponsorship details, and assess student fee status.
Our work includes:
- providing assistance for students funded by SAAS, SLC, Research Councils and other funding bodies
- administering student support and loan payments
- liaising with government funding bodies
- advising students and staff on all matters relating to tuition fees and funding
- assessing students fee status i.e. eligibility for home/EU or overseas fees
- administering the Discretionary, Childcare and Travel Funds
- certifying Canadian and US loan applications
- with the Development Office and Schools, setting up guidelines and procedures for new awards
What you can expect from us
You can expect a prompt response to queries and an acknowledgement to all written enquiries within seven days. Where a response is required, we aim to either respond within this time, or to advise when a response can be expected.
You can expect honest, objective advice, guidance and information allowing you to make an informed decision as to further action.
We aim to provide a consistent service and are committed to equitable treatment for all.