Your Student Adviser

All our taught students have a Student Adviser to provide them with direct support throughout their time at University.

Your Student Adviser is your contact throughout your time at the University of Edinburgh. They provide guidance and support to you at key points in your study journey, or with changes to your personal circumstances.  

Your Student Adviser will get in touch with you before the academic year begins to introduce themselves. They will continue to be in touch at key points throughout the year, and you can also contact them any time you need support.  

Your Student Adviser’s contact details are available on the Studies tab on MyEd. 

Myed - EASE login required.

Academic support 

Student Advisers work closely with your teaching team, and Academic Cohort Lead, to provide you with study support and guidance. 

Read more about your Cohort Lead.

Wellbeing support 

Your Student Adviser can help you access the wider University support services where needed.

If you are a resident in university accommodation, then wellbeing support is provided by your ResLife team. For all other students, you can access support from the Wellbeing Service, who have an adviser allocated to each School. Both ResLife and Wellbeing Service staff are specially trained to support you if you experience issues that affect your health, wellbeing, or personal life during your time at University.

Other College and School support 

Your School’s Student Support Team can provide you with support for routine enquiries and non-academic issues.    

Your Student Adviser and Student Support Team’s contact details are available in the Studies tab in MyEd and on your School’s webpages.    

MyEd - EASE log in required 


Some information may be sensitive. Although it may be necessary to consult colleagues, University staff will treat such information as confidential and will limit disclosures to the minimum necessary. 

More information on how the University manages information about you.

Other University support

The University also provides a range of other support services, including: 

Disability and Learning Support Service

Student Careers Service

Student Counselling Service

The Chaplaincy