Academic life

Every aspect of how we support you while you are a student at the University of Edinburgh, from your online profile to your Student Adviser.

How we support you

While you're studying with us, specially trained staff, academics and fellow students work together to provide you with guidance and support when you need it.

Find out more

Community and Belonging at Edinburgh

Information on community and belonging in Edinburgh

Study support

Workshops, fact sheets, resources and advice for undergraduates and postgraduates to help you develop your academic and study skills, and skills development support and workshops for PhD students.

Digital learning tools

There are various digital resources available to help you with your studies.

Curriculum, assessment and exams

Choosing courses, where to find assessment and exams information, getting advice on academic matters, and information about academic appeals and Special Circumstances processes.

Student voice

How we gather and use your feedback to enhance courses and the quality of our degree programmes, the University Student Partnership Agreement and student representation.

The student contract

Successful study at University stems from a partnership between students and staff, and the University is committed to providing you with a learning environment and student services which enable you to fulfil your potential.

Student conduct

Information on the University's expectations and policies for student conduct, including academic misconduct and fitness to practice.

How to make a complaint

The complaint procedure is designed to ensure that complaints are properly investigated and are given careful and fair consideration.

Disability support

Support for disabled students is provided by our own Disability and Learning Support Service. Contact us about additional funding, disability legislation and policy, building access and additional arrangements for exams.

Authorised interruption of study

If you are temporarily unable to engage with your studies, you can apply for an authorised interruption of study. An interruption of study involves taking a complete break from study for an agreed period of time, usually for up to one academic year.

Teaching Matters

Activity and events throughout the University's schools promoting outstanding teaching. Find out what's happening in your academic area.

Discover why our Teaching Matters