Dentist and opticians

Register for eye and dental care while you’re studying. There is a dental and optical medical practice located in the central University campus within Potterrow.

Register with a dentist

If you are looking for dental treatment, you will need to first register with a dentist.

Registering with the NHS is more cost effective than choosing private treatment.

You can find a local NHS surgery on the NHS inform website.

Find a dentist (NHS inform)

Register with an optician

Opticians carry out eye examinations and provide advice on eye health, glasses and contact lenses. Eye tests are free for people in Scotland.

You can find an optician on the NHS inform website.

Find a local opticians (NHS inform)

Vitality Dental and Optical Care

Located inside the Potterrow student union building, Vitality Dental and Optical Care is an independent medical practice that provides services for students, such as:

  • free registration and free examinations
  • NHS services
  • cosmetic treatments

Visit the Vitality Dental website

Visit the Vitality Optical website