Victim of a crime

If you are in physical danger or in need of immediate medical attention, call the emergency services on 999.

Follow this guidance if you are in an emergency situation and need police help, but can’t speak.

Less urgent crimes

To report a less urgent crime, you can contact the police by dialling 101. This telephone service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Help from the Advice Place

For further advice and guidance on harassment, safety and crime, take a look at the Advice Place where you will find information on reporting a crime.

Harassment, safety and crime (The Advice Place)

Out of hours student support

For emergencies occurring while University offices are closed, you can contact University Security by calling 0131 650 2257.

A member of Security will assist you or redirect you to the appropriate services.

University offices are closed:

  • between 5pm and 9am (GMT) time Monday to Friday
  • Saturdays and Sundays
  • during University-recognised holidays

This service is not designed or intended in any way to replace the role of the emergency services or other relevant agencies such as GPs or other local NHS provision.

Sexual assault and harassment

For information specific to sexual assault and harassment, see:

Sexual assault and harassment guidance