Academic advice

Where to get advice on academic matters.

Academic regulatory framework

The University's academic regulatory framework is set out in its regulations, codes of practice and guidance.  You can find academic regulations and policies on the Academic Services website.

View academic policies and regulations

School support

If you have any questions relating to your studies, please contact your School or Deanery in the first instance. Academic advice and information is also available from your Personal Tutor, Student Adviser or supervisor.


The Advice Place

Edinburgh University Students Association’s Advice Place can offer impartial advice on a range of academic matters, including Special Circumstances and appeals.

Academic advice from The Advice Place