07 May 20. ACTATS goes live
The Edinburgh Imaging Academy launched the Acute CTA for Thrombectomy in Stroke (ACTATS) training tool today.
REGISTER FOR ACTATS
- We will send you a password with which to login to the ACTATS online teaching platform
The Acute CT Angiography for Thrombectomy in Stroke (ACTATS) training tool has been developed in preparation for the launch of a Scotland-wide thrombectomy service.
Creation of this tool was supported by educational development grants from Medtronic & NHS National Services Scotland.
The training tool consists of:
Three (3) didactic lectures
- Basic CT interpretation in stroke
- CTA Anatomy of the head & neck
- Acute CTA for Thrombectomy in Stroke (ACTATS)
- MCQs to test your learning from the didactic lectures
- A series of 28 plain CT & CTA stroke cases for practice
- A five (5) question feedback survey to help us improve the training tool
- A certificate of completion, downloadable after completing all MCQs, all cases & all feedback survey questions
- The third didactic lecture, Acute CTA for Thrombectomy in Stroke (ACTATS), covers approaches to assessing CT Angiography (CTA), which have been used in various thrombectomy & thrombolysis trials.
While the approach may change in the future, the current combination of lectures, MCQs & cases will help you develop a systematic approach to CTA.
The series of 30 plain CT & CTA stroke cases are all real cases collated from the International Stroke Trial 3 (IST-3):
- The interface allows you to select & manipulate images similarly to a PACS session.
- Each case includes a structured questionnaire to help you develop a systematic approach to acute stroke CT / CTA review.
- Feedback includes seeing how an expert panel of Neuroradiologists approached each case & question.
Participation is eligible for CPD / CME.
Link to this short url for the ACTATS webpage
- ACTATS - homepage
- ACTATS - registration (free)
- ACTATS - login
- Edinburgh Imaging Academy
- NHS National Services Scotland
- International Stroke Trial 3 (IST-3)
- ACCESS - the Acute Cerebral CT Evaluation in Stroke Study
- BASP - CT Training
- ECCITING - Edinburgh Criteria for CAA-associated ICH Training
- What is a CT scan?
Social media tags & titles
The Edinburgh Imaging Academy launched the Acute CTA for Thrombectomy in Stroke (ACTATS) training tool today. @EdinUniImaging @MedtronicUK @NHSNSS @IST_3 #EdinburghImagingAcademy #ComputedTomographyAngiography #Thrombolysis #Thrombectomy #Stroke