21 Sep 20. Technology Development Grant
Congratulations to Dr Adriana Tavares, Senior Research Fellow in PET Imaging, who has been awarded £1,020,547 for the PET synaptic imaging from the Wellcome Trust.
The grants were created for researchers who wish to develop new technologies & tools.
About the project
The project, “Enabling advance imaging of synaptic function in living males & females over the course of the lifespan with Positron Emission Tomography (PET)” will run from the 1st October 2020 to 30th September 2025.
The project aims:
- To generate synthetic routes & radiochemistry methods for efficient production of [18F]MNI1126, a synaptic vesicle glycoprotein 2A (SV2A) PET radiotracer.
- To develop detailed template resources for quantitative analysis of SV2A PET signal in different brain regions over the course of natural aging in the rat & mouse.
- To validate SV2A PET in vivo outcomes at unprecedented scale & resolution using synaptome mapping technology.
With Dr Adriana Tavares (University of Edinburgh) as the Principal Investigator, Prof Andrew Sutherland (University of Glasgow) & Prof Seth Grant (University of Edinburgh) as co-investigators, this multi-centre project will be carried out within the Preclinical PET facility (Edinburgh Preclinical Imaging), Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences (University of Edinburgh) & School of Chemistry (University of Glasgow).
We asked Dr Tavares how she felt after receiving the grant award:
“We are absolutely delighted to have secured this Wellcome Trust Technology Development Award.
- Wellcome Trust
- Wellcome Trust, Technology Development Grant
- Dr Adriana Tavares
- Professor Andrew Sutherland
- Professor Seth Grant
- Edinburgh Preclinical Imaging
- Centre for Clinical Brain Sciences
- School of Chemistry, University of Glasgow
- PET is Wonderful (PiW)
- Brain & nervous system
- What is a PET scan?
Social media tags & titles
Congratulations to Dr Adriana Tavares, Senior Research Fellow in PET Imaging, who has been awarded £1,020,547 for the PET synaptic imaging from the Wellcome Trust. @EdinUniCVS @EdinUniCINEMA @EdinUniBrainSci @wellcometrust #PETimaging #PreclinicalImaging