14 Jul 20. Prof Scott Semple
Congratulations to Professor Scott Semple who has been appointed to ‘Personal Chair of Medical Imaging & Physics’.
Prof Semple has walked the line between scientific excellence, collaborative & team science, infrastructure management & pastoral support over the last 20 years.
His unique expertise as an MRI physicist & researcher has provided vital scientific leadership & facilitation, underpinning a multitude of MRI research initiatives spanning the breadth of preclinical, veterinary, & clinical medicine: from small fish to humans, & placentas to hearts.
His promotion is a testament to his leadership & science that have been the foundation of imaging excellence with the Centre for Cardiovascular Science & Edinburgh Imaging.
We asked Scott how he felt about his newly appointed professorship.
"Any academic success that I have personally achieved is a reflection of the dedication & hard work of the staff of the Edinburgh Imaging facilities over the last ten years.
The people who facilitate projects, scan patients, develop tracers & deliver our services day in & day out allow us to constantly develop world-leading clinical imaging research programs.
I am immensely proud of the way our staff routinely perform these tasks, & in particular how they have responded during the challenging times we all face in 2020.”
As of yet there is no scheduled date for Prof Scott Semple’s inaugural lecture.
- Professor Scott Semple
- Centre for Cardiovascular Science
- Edinburgh Imaging facilities
- Medical physics
- Preclinical imaging
- Heart / cardiovascular
- Research in a Nutshell
- What is a MR scan?
- 12 Feb 19. Winner of 2019 EuroMinnies
- 16 Jan 19. Scientific paper finalist
- 31 Aug 18. SCOT-HEART findings
- 18 Apr 18. MRI upgrade
- 04 May 17. Winners - BMJ award
Relevant EI publications
- 06 Feb 20. Featured Paper. Manganese-enhanced T1 mapping to quantify myocardial viability: validation with 18F-fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography.
- 29 Jul 19. Featured Paper. Manganese-enhanced MRI of the myocardium.
- 24 Jul 19. Featured Paper. Disentangled representation learning in cardiac image analysis.
- 05 Nov 18. Featured Paper. Manganese-enhanced T1 mapping in the myocardium of normal & infarcted hearts
- 18 Sep 18. Featured Paper. Study protocol: HepaT1ca – an observational clinical cohort study to quantify liver health in surgical candidates for liver malignancies.
- 06 Feb 18. Featured paper. 18F–sodium fluoride uptake in abdominal aortic aneurysms: the SoFIA3 study
Social media tags & titles
Congratulations to Professor Scott Semple who has been appointed to ‘Personal Chair of Medical Imaging & Physics’. @EdinUniCVS @SINAPSECENTRE @EdinUniMedicine #EdinburghImaging #MedicalPhysics