04 Jan 21. CZI Imaging Scientist Award
Congratulations to Dr Adriana Tavares, Senior Research Fellow in PET Imaging, who was awarded the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Imaging Scientist Award.
The scheme aims to support the work of an imaging scientist to help increase the interactions between biologists & technology experts & to improve imaging tools for the scientific community.
This will be a 5 year award & the total amount awarded was over $700k.
Adriana’s project title is “Kinetic modelling & analysis of total-body PET imaging datasets.”
The award includes the following aims:
- the design & deployment of a “hands-on” summer scholarship (“PET is Wonderful-CZI scholarship”);
- the development & delivery of online teaching meetings to engage with researchers around the globe; &
- the delivery of lectures at different countries/institutions on molecular imaging techniques with particular focus on PET imaging.
We asked Dr Adriana Tavares how she felt after receiving the grant award:
I'm absolutely delighted to announce we have secured this amazing award to push forward total-body PET technology & to train the next generation of imaging scientists!
- Dr Adriana Tavares
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI)
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Imaging Scientist Awardee Dr Adriana Tavares
- Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Imaging Scientist Award Press Release
Social media tags & titles
Congratulations to Dr Adriana Tavares, Senior Research Fellow in PET Imaging, who was awarded the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative Imaging Scientist Award. #ImagingTheFuture
@cziscience @ChanZuckerberg @EdinUniCVS @EdinUniCINEMA