General Council Election Results
The votes have been cast and counted and we can now announce the results of the February 2013 election for Members of the Business Committee.
Thank you to everyone who took the time to vote in these elections. The Business Committee plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the views and concerns of graduates are effectively communicated to the University’s governing body and your input into this process is vital.
The following candidates were elected to the Business Committee:
- Mr John Gilmore Clifford. A graduate of both Oxford and Edinburgh and honorary Austrian consul to Scotland.
- Mr Matthew Jack McPherson. A 2011 MA in Sociology graduate and EUSA President from 2011-2012.
- Ms Anne Wingate Paterson. A graduate in the field of Social Sciences with a background in social work and community education.
- Mr Scott Alexander John Peter. Scott has twice graduated from the University first with an MA (Hons in Scottish History and Ethnology) and secondly with a PGDE as a mature student.
- Mr Ian Herbert Stevens. Ian graduated with an MA in Economics and is a Chartered Accountant and Company director with fifteen years fundraising, strategic planning and international business leadership experience in the healthcare sector.
They will serve from 1 August 2013 to 31 July 2017.
This election was also significant in terms of online voting with more than three quarters of you deciding to vote using our alumni portal and electronic voting numbers up over 70% on the previous year.
If you did not register in time then you can steal a march on next year’s election by getting the facilities set up now. For more information please visit:
There will be General Council Elections in February 2014 for five members of the Business Committee. Nominations for vacancies will close on 20 November 2013.