New Edition Of The University of Edinburgh Journal
The University of Edinburgh Graduates' Association has just published the latest issue of the University of Edinburgh Journal.
This edition includes the following articles:
- The Provenance of Panamint - Russell Cowe
- In Search of my Grandparents: A Sentimental Journey to South India - Bridget Stevens
- The Friends of Edinburgh University Library: The First Fifty Years - Peter B. Freshwater
- Summerhall: Arts Centre of Excellence - Iain Gale
- Ian J Fleming (1915-2012): Agricultural Historian, Teacher and Manager - John Fleming and Isla Smith
- The visit of HRH The Princess Royal to our February Reception
Articles with a University theme are always welcomed by the Editor of the Journal, Peter Freshwater. Please contact Peter at the address below.
The history of the journal
The Journal has been published continuously since 1925, and a back set is now a major source of information on the University, its history, and matters of importance of the day.
It also carries a selection of brief obituaries of deceased University alumni and staff. Plans are in hand to digitise the back catalogue and to publish them on the internet.
Membership of Graduates' Association (founded in 1924) is open to all alumni, University staff past and present, and indeed anyone interested in supporting the University, especially those who do not usually receive other information about the University and its alumni.
As well as a subscription to the Journal, membership brings the opportunity to attend lunches and other social events in Edinburgh, and to keep in touch with other Edinburgh alumni.
Annual Subscription is only £28. Ten-Year and Life Memberships are also available. For more information please visit the Association's website.
Alternatively you can write to the Association at: