27 Jul 16. Job - MR superintendent
We are hiring a Superintendent Radiographer. Responsibilities include maintaining clinical & professional standards, & providing effective day-to-day management of the radiographic service for the Edinburgh Imaging research MR scanning facilities.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Superintendent Radiographer looking to be actively involved in MRI research imaging projects.
This role includes responsibilities at the Edinburgh Imaging research MRI scanning facilities for:
- maintaining clinical & professional standards
- providing comprehensive & effective day-to-day management of the radiographic service
- designing, setting up, supporting ongoing, & closing-out imaging research projects funded from academic & commercial sources
- delivering NHS clinical services which also the Edinburgh Imaging MR facilities at RIE and WGH sites
- devising & implementing an ongoing programme of research service development & training
- ensuring safe use & efficient performance of the MR & auxiliary equipment
The post will be based in the new Brain Research Imaging Centre, based in the X-ray Department of the RIE, & will also involve responsibility for the MR scanner based at DCN, WGH site.
Salary scale is at University of Edinburgh Grade 8 (£38,896 - £47,801)
This full time post is fixed term for 3 years in the first instance with the expectation that it will continue long term.
Further details http://www.ed.ac.uk/human-resources/jobs - vacancy ref: 036835