New Online Distance Learning IOFB Review course
**New** Intra Orbital Foreign Body (IOFB) Review Course is being launched in November 2015, book your place today!
We are delighted to announce that we have developed the first online IOFB Review course.
Our course is delivered online, by distance learning, through the Edinburgh Imaging Academy at the University of Edinburgh.
It is a collaboration between the University & NHS Lothian, which has drawn upon the expertise of radiographers, radiologists & e-learning experts, who work in academia & the NHS.
We are proud that the Society of Radiographers has positively reviewed our materials & the course has now been accredited.
- The course cost is £90 per applicant.
- We plan three start dates per year: November, March & July
- The course comprises a taught didactic component, followed by an assessment
- Students must complete the online teaching material (lectures and multiple choice questions) before progressing to the assessment
- The assessment includes a practice session of orbital x-ray review, after which students must pass an exit assessment of at least 50 orbital x-rays in order to achieve accredited recognition for course completion
- We anticipate students requiring up to 4 hours to complete the taught component & up to 4 hours to complete the assessment. The nature of online learning means that this time can be spread across days or weeks. However, students must complete all materials within 3 months of the course start date.
- Qualified radiographers with at least two year’s MR experience, are welcome to apply for the course.
For further information please visit our webpages or email firstname.lastname@example.org.