Postgraduate study
Edinburgh: Extraordinary futures await.

Health and wellbeing

You'll have access to personal support services for all of your concerns, academic or otherwise.

If you experience any difficulties in adjusting or have any concerns, you will find plenty of support available to help you find a solution.

Student Counselling Service

Our counsellors are experienced and professionally trained. The service is accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).

We offer counselling to help students work through their difficulty, understand themselves better and find ways of managing their situation.

We also offer a range of award-winning workshops and self-help apps and resources.

Student Counselling Service

Disability and Learning Support Service

Our Disability and Learning Support Service supports students with a range of disabilities, neurodiverse conditions, physical and mental health issues.

The team offers support based on your individual needs and how your disability, learning difference or health condition affects your studies. You may have a pre-diagnosed condition, or this may occur during your studies so please contact the service as soon as possible to start accessing support.

Disability and learning support service: Support we provide

Student Wellbeing Service

All Schools have Wellbeing Advisers who you can speak with if you are experiencing any wellbeing related issues that are affecting your health, wellbeing, studies or personal life.

The Wellbeing Advisers can then provide you with advice and guidance, and will also be able to discuss and link you up with our other University services, as well as signposting to external agencies.

Student Wellbeing Service

Residential support

For those of you staying in University accommodation, our Residence Life team will help you in the transition from home to university, and throughout your time with us.

Professionally trained staff are supported by a network of students who are on hand to deal with any issues you may have.

Residence Life

The Health Centre

The University Health Centre is an independent NHS partnership.

To use this service you must register with the practice and live within the practice area.

University Health Centre

If you do not live within the practice area, you may register with another general practitioner (GP) in Edinburgh.

NHS Inform: find a GP in Edinburgh

The Advice Place

The Advice Place is the free advice and information centre for all students at the University. The service is run by the Edinburgh University Students' Association and offers independent and confidential advice.

Get in touch if you have questions about University life, from finance and funding, accommodation and tenancy to health and wellbeing. We also have specialist academic advisers, who can offer guidance on issues related to your studies.

The Advice Place