Postgraduate study
Edinburgh: Extraordinary futures await.

Certified translations

If your original degree certificate, academic transcript or other relevant documents are not in English you must provide an officially certified translation.

Your certified translations must be provided either by:

  • the awarding institution
  • a sworn translator (this would be a translator sworn before a court in a non-UK jurisdiction)
  • a Fellow (FITI) or Member (MITI) of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), who may self-certify the translation

Find a list of Fellows and Members of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting:

Institute of Translation and Interpreting

If the translation is not provided by the awarding institution we will also ask you to provide:

  • confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document
  • the date of the translation
  • the full name and signature of the translator or of an authorised official of the translation company
  • the translator or translation company's contact details