Postgraduate study
Edinburgh: Extraordinary futures await.

Degree certificates and academic transcripts

You will be asked to provide copies of your degree certificates and transcripts of your academic record to support your application.

You should upload a degree certificate and an academic transcript for each degree you hold. If you haven’t yet graduated, you may be asked to upload an interim transcript for any degrees that you are currently studying.

What does an academic transcript contain?

An academic transcript states your name, the institution you studied at, and a list of all courses taken, all grades received and degrees conferred. It should provide full details of the degree class and grades you received in each unit or module.

An interim transcript provides similar information for degrees you are yet to complete (it may also show the expected grade or level of award if you are near the end of the programme of study).

The Diploma Supplement provided by a large number of European institutions is not equivalent to an academic transcript.

Where can I get a copy of my academic transcript?

An academic transcript is usually issued by your institution's academic registrar or registry department (or equivalent). We do not accept personal electronic copies of your student record. 

Do you accept transcripts in any language?

If your transcripts are not in English you will also need to submit a certified translation.

Certified translations