Postgraduate study

Approved universities in non-majority English speaking countries

Approved universities from non-majority English speaking countries (non-MESC).

Degrees from these universities, in non-majority English speaking countries (non-MESC),  that are taught and assessed entirely in English are accepted by the University as meeting English language entry requirements.

  • Universities which teach and assess only in English are marked with an asterisk.
  • Where a university does not teach solely in English, it is the responsibility of students to provide evidence that their degree has been taught and assessed in English.

Visiting students who are studying for a degree that is taught and assessed entirely in English at one of these approved universities, but who have not yet completed their degree, are accepted by the University as meeting the English language entry requirements for visiting students providing they have successfully completed one full year of study.


  • University of Botswana*


Canada is considered to be a non-MESC for students who have non-MESC nationality.

  • University of Alberta
  • University of British Columbia*
  • University of Calgary*
  • Carleton University, Ottawa*
  • McGill University, Montreal*
  • University of Toronto*
  • York University, Toronto


  • Aalborg University, Denmark
  • Aarhus University, Denmark
  • Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
  • University of Southern Denmark


  • Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST)*
  • University of Cape Coast*
  • University of Ghana*


  • Deree – American College of Greece, Athens*

Hong Kong

  • City University of Hong Kong*
  • Hong Kong Baptist University*
  • Lingnan University
  • The Hong Kong Polytechnic University*
  • The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology*
  • The University of Hong Kong*


  • Ashoka University
  • Op Jindal Global University
  • Krea University
  • University of Delhi
  • Lady Shri Ram College for Women, University of Delhi
  • Shri Ram College of Commerce, University of Delhi
  • St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi
  • IIT Bombay
  • IIT Madras
  • IIT Kharagpur
  • IIT Delhi
  • University of Mumbai
  • Jai Hind College
  • St Xavier's College
  • University of Madras
  • Loyola College
  • HR College
  • Jadavpur University
  • CMC Vellore
  • Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
  • Jawaharlal Nehru University
  • Tata Institute of Social Sciences
  • University of Calcutta
  • Manipal Academy of Higher Education
  • Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS)
  • VIT University Vellore
  • SRM University
  • Maharashtra University of Health Sciences
  • Savitribi Phule Pune University
  • IISc Bangalore
  • Anna University
  • Symbiosis International University
  • University of Hyderabad
  • University of Kerala 


  • Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan


  • Kenyatta University*
  • St Paul’s University
  • University of Nairobi


  • American University of Beirut*


  • University of Malta


  • University of Namibia*


  • Delft University of Technology
  • Erasmus University Rotterdam
  • Leiden University
  • Maastricht University
  • Radboud University
  • Tilburg University
  • University of Amsterdam
  • University of Groningen
  • University of Twente
  • Utrecht University
  • Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam


  • Covenant University
  • Obafemi Awolowo University
  • University of Abuja
  • University of Ibadan
  • University of Ilorin
  • University of Lagos
  • University of Nigeria (UNN)


  • University of Rwanda*


  • Nanyang Technological University*
  • National University of Singapore*

South Africa

  • Rhodes University*
  • Stellenbosch University*
  • University of Cape Town (UCT)*
  • University of Johannesburg (UJ)
  • University of KwaZulu Natal (UKZN)
  • University of Pretoria *(from 2016)
  • University of Fort Hare*
  • University of South Africa (UNISA)*
  • University of the Western Cape*
  • University of Witwatersrand (Wits)


  • Universidad Carlos III de Madrid


  • Lund University
  • Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm
  • Malmö University
  • Stockholm University
  • University of Gothenburg
  • Uppsala University


  • University of Dar es Salaam


  • Makerere, Kampala*

United Arab Emirates

  • Heriot Watt University, Dubai*


  • University of Zambia*


  • University of Zimbabwe*