Business travel

Prescribed medicines

Guidance for taking prescribed medicines or drugs abroad

The Occupational Health Service will discuss your prescription medicine needs during the travel health consultation. Some general guidance is available below.

Prescribed medicines

You need to check what rules apply to taking your medicine out of the UK, and into the country that you’re going to.

Medicines containing controlled drugs

You must get a licence if you’re entering or leaving the UK for 3 months or more with medication containing a controlled drug.