Business travel

Booking travel

Find out how to book trains, flights, taxis and more when travelling for University business.

Travel (including fieldwork) risk assessment and guidance during Covid-19 situation

Travel (including fieldwork) on University business can now be undertaken but a Covid-19 specific travel risk assessment must be completed for any travel on University of Edinburgh business, both within the UK and abroad. This risk assessment must be submitted as part of your travel insurance application, and will be mandatory for submission.  Ensure you follow the accompanying flow chart before completing the Covid-19 risk assessment and thereafter follow your normal authorisation process prior to booking any travel or accommodation. Also see the further guidance related to fieldwork on the WYNTK page for staff.


Trains, flights, boats and accommodation

To book trains, flights, boats and accommodation, use the University's Travel Management Company, Diversity Travel

Read the user guides and FAQs below for more information on who can book travel, how to book travel, and how to adhere to the University's Sustainable Travel Policy

Remember to create a risk assessment and obtain travel insurance after booking travel and before the travel takes place.


Booking travel: FAQs

Book travel
Frequently asked questions about how to book travel.

Taxi Hire

Guidance regarding university contacted taxi hire

Taxi Hire

University contracted vehicle hire and purchase

Vehicle Hire

Travel Policy

Ensure you follow the Sustainable Travel Policy

University Sustainable Travel Policy

Transport Policy

University transport policy

Transport Policy