Library News and Events
Information about Library news, events and service updates.
This page will be kept up to date with information about Library news, events and service updates.
Library Updates Newsletter Library Updates is a monthly online newsletter, sharing the latest news on library services, resources and projects.
Your University student card is also your library card, you will need it to access library buildings and borrow print materials. Please use the links below to find updated information on how to request and receive your card.
Visitors and External users
We ask that all Visitors and External users email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before visiting.
If you have a question about joining the library as an External user please see the Joining the Library page.
Study spaces on a walk up basis are available across all library sites. There are also a small number of bookable study spaces on the 3rd and 5th floors of the Main Library in George Square.
For more information on study spaces please use the links below.
Frequently Used Services
- Library Opening Hours
- Library Orientation Guides
- Finding Resources
- Borrowing books and other resources
- Returns, fines and notices
- Interlibrary Loans
- Request A Book
- Heritage Collections
- SCONUL Access
Library opening hours may have to change in response to adverse weather or the COVID-19 situation. Please check our web pages before you visit, and for the latest updates, follow our twitter feeds at @isalerts, @EdUniLibrary&Museums and @EdUniMainLib.
Help and support
- Coronavirus Updates - University page with the latest news about the institution's response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- EdHelp - For general queries about library services or any other student support
- Academic Support Librarians - For support with finding and using resources for research, teaching or study
- Resource Lists - For help with accessing and using resource lists
- Donations - For advice about donating materials to the library