Latest update (9 December):
- The 2021/22 academic year
- Get tested regularly using lateral flow tests or TestEd
- Get vaccinated by booking an appointment or going to a drop-in centre
- Inform the University if you’re self-isolating (once you have completed your self-isolation or are no longer required to self-isolate due to being fully vaccinated and receiving a negative Covid-19 PCR test, please let us know by completing our end of self-isolation form)
From 4am on Tuesday 30th November, anyone travelling from outside of the UK and the Republic of Ireland must now self-isolate on their arrival until they receive the results of their day 2 PCR test. International travel advice.
- There have been 39 cases reported by our students and staff
- The average number of cases reported over the last 7 days is 4
We continue to work with NHS Lothian’s Health Protection team to ensure that these students and staff, and those around them, are provided with the information and support they need.
Advice and support
We are asking students to be vigilant regarding any Covid-19 symptoms and for all students to follow guidance as appropriate. We are continuing to monitor the situation, keeping our students and staff informed as appropriate, and following all Scottish Government guidance. We are providing care and support to those self-isolating both in University-owned and private accommodation.
- Please contact us if you have any concerns or questions that are not answered on these webpages
- If you are not contacted directly as part of this process, you can continue to attend classes/lectures, or work as normal
- If you have any concerns about your health in the meantime, or if you need to book a Covid-19 test because you have developed symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change in sense of smell or taste) please visit the NHS Inform website or for non-clinical advice call 0800 028 2816. Remember to stay at home if anyone in your household has symptoms of Covid-19.
General advice and support for all students and staff on testing, vaccinations and self-isolation.
How to protect yourself and others, including on-campus safety measures, face covering requirement and information for those at highest risk.
Guidance on government travel restrictions, University travel and fieldwork.
Covid-19 related information and guidance for University of Edinburgh staff.