Academic Support Librarians
The Academic Support Librarians provide support to staff and students for all matters relating to library services. Find out how we can help you.
- Advising you on resources for course development
- Arranging subject-specific information literacy sessions for Schools
- Acting as your advocate for all library-related issues
- Helping you find the information resources that you need and make effective use of them.
- Helping you get the best from library resources and services
- Helping you with reference management
- Providing specialist information literacy skills sessions for research students and staff
- Advising on your literature searches
- Working with you to ensure that Library collections are meeting your needs
Digital and information literacy
Academic Support Librarians help students develop the digital and information literacy skills they need to use library resources for study and research. Find out about LibSmart, our online information literacy course, our bookable courses and how to request bespoke teaching as part of course programmes.
Academic Support Librarians by subject
Find the Academic Support Librarian assigned to your subject area and how to contact them.
Dissertation Festival 2020-21
The Library's Dissertation Festival brings together the support that the Library, Digital Skills and IAD provides for students undertaking their dissertations.
Resources and guidance
Subject guides, videos and other resources to support your studies, research and teaching
How Academic Support Librarians make decisions about collections and how you can get support with library collections
1 to 1 support for literature searching and systematic reviews
Information on arranging a 1 to 1 session for guidance on literature searching or systematic reviews.