Academic Support Librarians
The Academic Support Librarians provide support to staff and students for all matters relating to library services. Find out how we can help you.
- We can advise you on resources for course development
- We can arrange subject-specific information literacy sessions for Schools
- We can act as your advocate for all library-related issues
- We can help you find the information resources that you need and make effective use of them.
- We can help you get the best from library resources and services
- We can help you with reference management
- We can provide specialist information literacy skills sessions for research students and staff
- We can work to support your literature searches
- We can work with you to ensure that Library collections are meeting your needs
Digital and information literacy
Academic Support Librarians help students develop their digital and information literacy skills, including literature searching, avoiding plagiarism through appropriate citation and managing references.
Resources and guidance
Subject guides, videos and other resources to support your studies, research and teaching
Online form for information literacy class bookings
Your details will be passed to the Library Academic Support team and your Academic Support Librarian will contact you to make arrangements for the session. [This is a beta version of the form]
How Academic Support Librarians make decisions about collections and how you can get support with library collections
Academic Support Librarians by subject
Find the Academic Support Librarian assigned to your subject area and how to contact them.
Academic Support Librarians by College
A list of Academic Support Librarians by College, with indication of individual areas of responsibility by School.