The Usher Institute works with people, populations and their data to understand and advance the health of individuals and populations through innovative collaborations in a global community.
It sits within the Edinburgh Medical School in the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine at the University of Edinburgh.
Visit us at the Old Medical School in Teviot Place, or at NINE, Edinburgh BioQuarter.
Miss any? Catch up on our COVID-19 webinar series held through 2020
Latest Usher Institute publications on Edinburgh Research Explorer.
- COVID vaccine linked to low platelet count, EAVE II study suggests
- Professor Linda Bauld awarded OBE
- Covid-19 vaccine study for pregnant women launches
- First dose vaccine effectiveness update: full study now available from The Lancet
- Professor Nick Mills elected to Academy of Medical Sciences
- Professors Devi Sridhar and Jim Wilson - Fellows of Royal Society of Edinburgh
- New Deputy Director, Professor Jackie Price
- Three new masters' programmes launched
- Scottish vaccine roll-out working, data suggests
- Linking electronic health records for research on a nationwide cohort
A selection of upcoming events at the Usher Institute.
We are delighted to share a digest of news from across the Usher Institute via our monthly newsletter, Illuminate.
Overview of core research areas within the Usher Institute.
We offer taught degrees both on-campus and online, and research degrees.
Taking a world-leading approach to measuring the global burden of disease, prioritising investments in global health, influencing governance structures and processes, and innovating for global health.
Focusing on the interdisciplinary study of designing, developing and using information technology solutions in healthcare.
Drawing together researchers, clinicians and practitioners from public health, primary care, biomedical and social sciences to improve population health.
Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society
Building on a unique history of social studies of science and medicine to scrutinise the complex social, cultural and technological landscape that characterises contemporary biomedicine and health care.
Read more on the Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society website.
Clinical Trials Unit
Providing an infrastructure to design, plan and deliver clinical research studies across a varied portfolio of clinical specialties and methodologies.
Read more on the ECTU website.
Join our growing team of academics and professional services staff and work in a vibrant, multi-disciplinary environment.