Better health, better futures
Transforming health in society by working with people, populations and data.
The Usher Institute sits within the Edinburgh Medical School in the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. We are also the Health and Social Care Data-Driven Innovation Hub, part of the Edinburgh and South East Scotland City Region Deal.
- Enhancing support for emergency cardiac care clinicians in Scotland using artificial intelligence
- Volunteers needed to boost study into nation’s health
- New Masters in Planetary Health tackles crises for people and planet
- First cohort of UK Young Academy includes Usher researcher, Andrea Ford
- New Year Honours for Professor Ewen Harrison
Our innovative thinking and strategic partnerships result in real-world impact. We work with the commercial, public and third sectors.
Join the innovation community
Join the Usher Innovation Community as we seek to drive advances in health and social care through the application of data science, bringing together academics, service professionals and industry.