For the latest University of Edinburgh information and advice for staff and students see: Coronavirus updates
Take part in research?
Some key studies from across the Usher Institute currently recruiting participants include:
- ELVIS COVID-19 - Professor Aziz Sheikh and Dr Sandeep Ramalingam seek to investigate whether a simple salt water solution could reduce symptoms and transmission of COVID-19. Read more on the study website.
- Coronagenes - Professor Jim Wilson is leading an international volunteer project to help understand the genetics of susceptibility to and symptoms of coronavirus: why some people get sick and others don't. Read more on the Coronagenes Study website.
- COVIDENCE UK - Professor Aziz Sheikh is Scotland lead for this study, recruiting people over 16 years old across the UK for a study involving monthly questionnaires to dig into the longer term challenges following the COVID-19 pandemic, and to establish a platform for future research on coronavirus disease in the UK. Red more on the COVIDENCE UK Study website
Miss any? Catch up on our COVID-19 webinar series held through 2020
The Usher Institute works with people, populations and their data to understand and advance the health of individuals and populations through innovative collaborations in a global community.
It sits within the Edinburgh Medical School in the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine at the University of Edinburgh.
Visit us at the Old Medical School in Teviot Place, or at NINE, Edinburgh BioQuarter.
- Usher staff on REF panels
- INSIGHT: Reflections on UNCOVER
- Annual Recognition Awards
- Multiple measures boost Covid fight, study finds
- COVID-19 immunity research boosted by data platform
- New study highlights disruptive impact of pandemic on non-COVID NHS care in Scotland
- Covid-19 risk tool helps guide treatment
- Covid-19’s effect on rural lives to be measured
A selection of upcoming events at the Usher Institute.
Latest publications from the Usher Institute on Edinburgh Research Explorer.
We are delighted to share a digest of news from across the Usher Institute via our monthly newsletter, Illuminate.
Overview of core research areas within the Usher Institute.
We offer taught degrees both on-campus and online, and research degrees.
Taking a world-leading approach to measuring the global burden of disease, prioritising investments in global health, influencing governance structures and processes, and innovating for global health.
Focusing on the interdisciplinary study of designing, developing and using information technology solutions in healthcare.
Drawing together researchers, clinicians and practitioners from public health, primary care, biomedical and social sciences to improve population health.
Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society
Building on a unique history of social studies of science and medicine to scrutinise the complex social, cultural and technological landscape that characterises contemporary biomedicine and health care.
Read more on the Centre for Biomedicine, Self and Society website.
Clinical Trials Unit
Providing an infrastructure to design, plan and deliver clinical research studies across a varied portfolio of clinical specialties and methodologies.
Read more on the ECTU website.
Join our growing team of academics and professional services staff and work in a vibrant, multi-disciplinary environment.