Postgraduate entry requirements by country


Postgraduate entry requirements for students from Australasia.


For entry to most Postgraduate taught or research degrees, the minimum requirement you need is a Bachelors with a Second Class Hons Upper/H2A from a recognised university in Australia.

New Zealand

You should have a minimum of a 2:1 Honours degree in a related subject area or a master degree from a recognised university in New Zealand.

Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)

Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme. Please contact the Medicine admissions office for further information.

Medicine Admissions Office

There are well defined routes for graduates of UK Medical degree to registration in New Zealand. Refer to the British Medical Association website for full information:

British Medical Association - advice on using your degree to work abroad

Further guidance on academic entry requirements

You can also obtain further guidance on admissions requirements from staff in the College Admissions Offices.

College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences

College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine

College of Science and Engineering

English Language requirements

If your first language is not English, you will also have to meet English Language requirements to apply. These requirements are listed by programme.

English Language advice

Specific entry requirement by programme

Chat to us

Talk to a member of staff online and view a presentation about study in Edinburgh.

Chat to us

Join our mailing list

We will send you further useful information about the University, admissions and entry.

Join our mailing list

About Edinburgh

More Information about Edinburgh

Do I need a visa?