International applicants

Fees, funding and costs

There are a range of costs associated with financing your studies at the University of Edinburgh, including fees and accommodation.

Tuition fees

Tuition fee rates for international students are available on the Scholarships and Student Funding website. Fees are listed by course and level (undergraduate, postgraduate or visiting students).

Tuition fees

Scholarships and funding

There are a number of scholarships and funding opportunities available to international students to study at the University of Edinburgh.

Full details of the eligibility criteria and the online application procedures for these scholarships are available from Scholarships and Student Funding Services.

Scholarships and Student Funding - Undergraduate

Scholarships and Student Funding  - Postgraduate


Most new international and EU students are guaranteed to be offered a room in University accommodation.

Please be aware that there are deadlines for accommodation applications. Find out more about University accommodation applications on the New Students website.

New Students - Accommodation

Find out more about the type of accommodation offered at the University on the Accommodation website.

Seach University accommodation

Frequently asked questions about University accommodation

Living costs

Budgeting for living costs is an important part of planning for university life. The cost of living can vary greatly depending on your lifestyle, budget and spending habits.

You can find out more about the living costs of Edinburgh in the New Student’s section of the website.

New Students - Living costs


It is very useful to open a bank account once you arrive in Edinburgh. If you would like to know more about banking in Edinburgh, please visit the New Students website.

This process is not normally available prior to arrival in Edinburgh unless your branch at home has a relationship with a UK bank.

This process can only take place once you have moved into your accommodation.

New Students - Banking

Part-time work during studies

International students on a tier 4 visa studying at degree level and above are permitted to work up to 20 hours in any given week.

Students from countries in the European Union are not subject to any restrictions on working.

You can find more information about working during your studies on the New Students website.

New Students - Student income options