International applicants

Visa & immigration requirements

You may need to apply for a student visa to enter the UK.

You don't need a visa if...
  • You are from a country in the European Union
  • You are from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
Students from all other countries are required to apply for a student visa  

What type of visa do I apply for?

The type of visa you get depends on your length of study.

Detailed information about the different types of student visas and the visa application process, is available on our Immigration website.