International Foundation Programme
Foundation programmes offer international students a route into an Edinburgh degree.
The University's foundation programme provides opportunities for students to access degree programmes within arts, humanities and social sciences. This programme is intended for students whose high school qualifications are not accepted for direct entry to an undergraduate degree, and whose first language is not English.
It is designed to assist intelligent and highly motivated students who have performed well at school in moving seamlessly into an Edinburgh degree.
A foundation in the arts, humanities & social sciences
For undergraduate students in the College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science, the University offers a one year International Foundation Programme.
This programme provides a combination of intensive academic work, English language tuition and study skills tuition.
Successful completion of the programme with good grades guarantees progression to many of the College’s prestigious four-year honours degrees.
For students who complete the foundation programme but choose not to study for a degree at Edinburgh, the University will provide support with the process of applying to other UK universities.
Why choose the Edinburgh International Foundation Programme?
- You will be a matriculated student of the University of Edinburgh, a prestigious world leader in higher education
- You will receive high-quality English language tuition from the University’s English Language Education, one of the largest university centres for language teaching in the UK
- You will enjoy special study skills tuition in small group sessions
- You will be able to live in the University’s comfortable student accommodation in individual bedrooms for at least the first year of study
- Your academic courses will be taught by University staff on University premises
- You will live in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe - Edinburgh is regularly voted as one of the most desirable places to live in the world
Share your feedback
We are interested in your feedback for a proposed online International Foundation Programme. Please click the relevant link below: