Mr Lee Hamill
Lee Hamill is the Director of Finance.
The Director of Finance has a direct reporting relationship to the Principal with respect to strategic and professional matters and in support of the latter’s role as Accounting Officer. The Director of Finance is a key member of Corporate Services team reporting to the Director of Corporate Services.
Areas of responsibility
- Overall management of the central Finance department of 160 staff and responsible for the professional financial standards of the finance community in the three Colleges and Support Groups.
- Providing advice to the Principal and University on Strategic Finance matters
- Assessing and advising on the financial implications for the University of the UK and Scotland funding environments for research and education
- Putting in place appropriate funding for the next period of the University’s development
- Ensuring effective investment management of the University’s endowment and liquid assets
- Managing the financial implications of merger activity
- Ensuring that sound business cases support the University’s investment proposals
- Developing the efficiency and service orientation of finance processes.
University level committee membership
- Estates Committee
- Investment Committee
- Knowledge Strategy Committee
- Policy and Resources Committee
- Risk Management Committee
- Senior Leadership Team
- Social Responsibility and Sustainability Committee
- University Executive
Lee can be contacted via the details below: