Mr Gavin McLachlan
Gavin McLachlan is Vice-Principal and Chief Information Officer, and Librarian to the University.
Areas of responsibility
- Head of the Information Services Group, budget holder.
- Responsible for the strategic development and efficient delivery of a wide range of IT, library and collections services, including the University’s Digital strategy, IT services, learning & teaching technology services, digital research services, university libraries and library services, student help services including EdHelp and student digital poverty, study spaces, EDINA, Digital Curation Centre, museums, galleries and special collections.
- Strategic oversight and underpinning support for online learning, distance learning and open education across the University.
University level committee membership
- Estates Committee
- Knowledge Strategy Committee
- Staff Experience Committee
- IT Committee
- Library Committee
- Senior Leadership Team
- University Collections Advisory Committee
- University Executive
- CityDeal Executive Governance Group
Gavin's assistant is Mary Young and can be contacted via email to Mary.Young@ed.ac.uk