Mr Gavin McLachlan
Gavin McLachlan is Vice-Principal and Chief Information Officer, and Librarian to the University.
Areas of responsibility
- Head of the Information Services Group, budget holder.
- Responsible for the strategic development and efficient delivery of a wide range of IT, library and collections services, including the University’s IT strategy, IT services, learning & teaching technology services, digital research services, library services, EDINA, Digital Curation Centre, museums, galleries and special collections.
- Strategic oversight and underpinning support for online learning, distance learning and open education across the University.
University level committee membership
- Estates Committee
- Knowledge Strategy Committee
- Staff Experience Committee
- IT Committee (Convenor)
- Library Committee
- Senior Leadership Team
- University Collections Advisory Committee
- University Executive
Gavin McLachlan's assistant is Mary Young and can be contacted via email to Mary.Young@ed.ac.uk