Professor Christina Boswell
Christina Boswell is Professor of Politics and Vice-Principal Research and Enterprise.
Areas of responsibility as Vice-Principal Research and Enterprise
- Provide leadership in research strategy and development, including in partnership with key funders and public and private sector organisations
- Provide leadership on innovation, impact, commercialisation and industry engagement University-wide, playing a leading role in transforming the University’s capabilities in research translation, impact and innovation
- Alongside Edinburgh Global, lead on strategy and opportunities for international research collaboration
- Ensure continual enhancement of the University’s research culture and environment to create optimal conditions for inclusive and responsible research
- Represent the University on key sectoral and stakeholder groupings to influence broader strategies in higher education and government
- Lead the University’s Research Excellence Framework strategy and submission
- Convene key committees that drive research and innovation across the University
University level committee membership
- Edinburgh Innovations Board
- Research Strategy Group (Chair)
- Senior Leadership Team
- University Executive
Christina can be contacted via her EA Angela Penman (email: A.Penman@ed.ac.uk), telephone 0131 650 6443. Also contactable via Microsoft Teams or direct by email.