Degree certificates and academic transcripts
You will be asked to provide copies of your degree certificates and transcripts of your academic record to support your application.
You should upload a degree certificate and an academic transcript for each degree you hold. If you haven’t yet graduated, you may be asked to upload an interim transcript for any degrees that you are currently studying.
What does an academic transcript contain?
An academic transcript states your name, the institution you studied at, and a list of all courses taken, all grades received and degrees conferred. It should provide full details of the degree class and grades you received in each unit or module.
An interim transcript provides similar information for degrees you are yet to complete (it may also show the expected grade or level of award if you are near the end of the programme of study).
The Diploma Supplement provided by a large number of European institutions is not equivalent to an academic transcript.
Where can I get a copy of my academic transcript?
An academic transcript is usually issued by your institution's academic registrar or registry department (or equivalent). We do not accept personal electronic copies of your student record.
Do you accept transcripts in any language?
If your original degree certificate, academic transcript or other relevant documents are not in English you must provide an officially certified translation.
Your certified translations must be provided either by:
- the awarding institution
- a sworn translator (this would be a translator sworn before a court in a non-UK jurisdiction)
- a Fellow (FITI) or Member (MITI) of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), who may self-certify the translation
Find a list of Fellows and Members of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting:
If the translation is not provided by the awarding institution we will also ask you to provide:
- confirmation from the translator or translation company that it is an accurate translation of the original document
- the date of the translation
- the full name and signature of the translator or of an authorised official of the translation company
- the translator or translation company's contact details