Find out how the wider University of Edinburgh is responding to the Coronavirus (Covid-19) pandemic.
- Face coverings can cut risk of coronavirus spread
- Campus volunteers support Covid-19 research
- Genetics of Covid-19 patients is focus of study
- Scottish funding supports Roslin Covid-19 work
- Data method seeks weak spots in coronavirus DNA
- Roslin broadens research tackling Covid-19
- Obesity impacts on Covid-19 recovery prospect
- Covid-19 tracker helps visualise cases in Scotland
- £5m Covid-19 study seeks to understand virus impact
A world-leading institute for animal research
The Roslin Institute aims to enhance the lives of animals and humans through world class research in animal biology. Our research is organised in the three main programmes below.
Read more about us.
Defining how the sequence, regulation and products of genes determine the development and function of body systems throughout life.
Enhancing the supply and safety of food by providing the knowledge required to detect, treat and prevent animal and zoonotic diseases.
Improving the yield and quality of animals or their products while improving welfare, efficiency and sustainability.