Engaging in collaborations and strategic partnerships with companies to translate the Institute's research.
Edinburgh Innovations is the University of Edinburgh’s commercialisation service. We ensure you can access the right expertise at the University quickly and efficiently.
Your Business Development team is here to help you from initial contact right through to the contracting stage. By working with you to understand what you want to achieve, we can then help you scope your project. We are proactive in developing your relationship with key academics. We look at the wider implications such as funding sources and managing expectations.
There are many ways organisations can engage with our multi-disciplinary researchers. We can advise on the most appropriate route for your project and manage the interactions to a successful conclusion.
- Collaborative partnership: If you need to tackle particular challenges we can offer a bespoke research programme designed specifically around your requirements and drawing on multi-disciplinary research expertise. We have a track record of identifying and harnessing the right expertise for companies, including scoping out and identifying funding. Read more about collaborative partnerships.
- Consultancy: Our consultancy service gives you easy access to more than 600 world-class academics undertaking research in a wide range of disciplines. The Roslin Institute is host to an extensive range of expertise, facilities and services that are available to companies and organisations on a consultancy basis as flexible, high value resource. Our academics can provide flexible, short or long term expertise to help solve challenges facing private and public sector organisations. Read more about our consultancy services.
- Licensing: A licensing agreement with the Roslin Institute enables your business to translate cutting-edge research and technology into profitable new products, processes and services. There are various ways to access the latest technologies, which your Business Development Manager can advise on and manage. Read more about licensing.
- Secondments: If you are looking for specific expertise for an innovation project, we can deliver this for you via an employee secondment into a research group, or a part-time placement of academic staff into your company. Read more about secondments.
- Studentships: A three or four year PhD project engages a talented graduate to work in a research area of strategic importance to your company. Read more about studentships.