Over a 10 year period the Critical Care research team have explored the care ICU patients receive in the ICU ward all the way through to the care given within the family setting and how that care impacts recovery.
- Promotions for Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine staff.
- Obesity, Chronic Kidney Disease and Liver Disease Associated with Increased Hospital Covid-19 Mortality
- Scottish Intensive Care Society Audit Group Report on Covid-19
- COVID-19 Critical Care Course
- New funding to help understand how Covid-19 affects the most vulnerable
- Support Prioritised for COVID-19 Research
- RECOVERY Trial Recruitment
We run a diverse range of clinical and translational studies including health sciences research, therapeutics, genetics and genomics. These pages provide some additional information for patients, relatives and collaborators.
In a video Professor Tim Walsh introduces the research activites within the section.
Study online for an internationally recognised postgraduate qualification. New intercalated BMedSci programme in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
In a video Professor Tim Walsh discusses educational opportunities with in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
Edinburgh Critical Care Research Group (ECCRG) is committed to sharing our excellent research across all sections of society. We engage and communicate with our stakeholders and the wider public to bring about meaningful dialogue and develop a shared understanding and respect for each other’s views. In this way we will accelerate the pace of improvements in health.
Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine have created a number of short videos where our researchers describe the work undetaken by the department.
Videos include Professor Tim Walsh discussing the DESIST trial.
Edinburgh Critical Care Research Group - A vibrant multidisciplinary research group within the University of Edinburgh.
Information about our staff members, their backgrounds, research interests and contact details.