New Science Insights work experience programme
IGMM helps launch a new initiative for High School Students: April 2014
Science Insights is an exciting new work experience programme from The MRC Institute of Genetics and Molecular Medicine (IGMM) and The Roslin Institute and Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies at the University of Edinburgh.
16 high school students will spend a week following a varied programme of activities on three different University of Edinburgh campuses, designed to give a real insight into research and work in biological sciences.
Activities will include:
- Shadowing researchers in the lab
- Tours of a range of scientific facilities
- Presentations and discussions on a range of topics, including ethics in research, the use of animals in research and various careers paths
- Opportunities to meet current University of Edinburgh students
- Skills session to help with future university and job applications
More information and application details:www.scienceinsights.ed.ac.uk