Advancing Human and Planetary Health through the SDGs
Health affects every aspect of our lives. Planetary health is at the centre of all global health activity – essential for the flourishing and wellbeing of people and planet. The Sustainable Development Goals provide a global blueprint for reducing suffering and enabling wellbeing. We work to resource students, faculty, alumi and partners to advance the SDGs.
- Global and Planetary Health
- What we're doing at the University
- The SDGs and why they matter to us
- Compassion and the SDGs
- The Future of Health (Edinburgh Futures Conversations)
Agents of Change: Our Programmes and Activity
The Global Health Academy links disciplines and works across all three Colleges at the University of Edinburgh. We lead, shape and support initiatives to improve health and advance the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Our Programmes and Activities
- Delivering Future Health
- Children in Conflict
- Our Vision, Values and Working Principles
- Our People
- Our Partners
We have a range of cross-disciplinary programmes to support people working in global and planetary health. Our online courses are delivered part-time and tailored for working professionals.
Featured Resources, Events and News
- Realising a Compassionate Planet: Access recordings and resources
- Edinburgh Futures Conversations: The Future of Health
- The Rule of Law in Times of Health Crisis
- Protecting Children in Armed Conflict
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Distance Learning
- Ethical Action in Global Research: A Toolkit
- World One Health Congress: A blueprint for a One Health nation
Our Children in Conflict Group are working together to advance the SDGs and monitor girls’ education in Afghanistan.
Deepening our understanding of the science, embedding and measuring of compassion – so we organise in ways that meet the world’s greatest challenges.
New resource examining the relationship between the rule of law and health crises, focusing in particular on the present crisis (COVID-19) and identifying lessons for future pandemic preparedness.
Working to elevate and strengthen the influence and impact of nurses and nurse communities around the world. A collaboration between the Global Health Academy and Nursing Studies.
Experts perspectives on the pandemic and exploring how to change and reshape public health systems to transform outcomes. Watch session videos and read the Declaration of Principles that emerged from this event.
Working to ensure greater skills and attention is given to Palliative Care in humanitarian settings and emergencies. Read more
Developing a sustainable programme of cervical cancer screening in rural Malawi
Receive news and information about what's happening in our networks.