Over a 10 year period the Critical Care research team have explored the care ICU patients receive in the ICU ward all the way through to the care given within the family setting and how that care impacts recovery.
- Dr Annemarie Docherty, Protecting patients with cardiovascular disease in intensive care
- New MSc in Critical Care launched.
- ECCRG meet at Firbush for their annual research retreat.
- ICUsteps patient and family support group celebrate first year
- Vhairi Mcatear wins prize for best presentation at BJA Journals
- Dr Kenneth Baillie awarded Lowry Fink Fellowship from the International Sepsis Forum
We run a diverse range of clinical and translational studies including health sciences research, therapeutics, genetics and genomics. These pages provide some additional information for patients, relatives and collaborators.
In a video Professor Tim Walsh introduces the research activites within the section.
- Blood transfusion in acute care: are we ready for personalised medicine? Prof Tim Walsh
- A novel diagnostic for pneumonia – the challenges of developing and translating diagnostic tests into practice, 6th February.
- Care for the Critically Ill Surgical Patient CCrISP Course May 2019
- Core Ultrasound Intensive Care (CUSIC) course 10th June 2019
- Scottish Maternal Critical Care Symposium 11th June 2019
- What's new in ICU 24th May 2019
- UK Critical Care Research Group 12th National Forum
Study online for an internationally recognised postgraduate qualification. New intercalated BMedSci programme in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
In a video Professor Tim Walsh discusses educational opportunities with in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine.
Edinburgh Critical Care Research Group (ECCRG) is committed to sharing our excellent research across all sections of society. We engage and communicate with our stakeholders and the wider public to bring about meaningful dialogue and develop a shared understanding and respect for each other’s views. In this way we will accelerate the pace of improvements in health.
Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine have created a number of short videos where our researchers describe the work undetaken by the department.
Videos include Professor Tim Walsh discussing the DESIST trial.
Edinburgh Critical Care Research Group - A vibrant multidisciplinary research group within the University of Edinburgh.
Information about our staff members, their backgrounds, research interests and contact details.