Behind the scenes
To ensure full transparency we have detailed the selection process and shared details of the system used for online voting.
- Applications will be shortlisted by a selection committee made up of a cross-section of the University community.
- The selection committee will meet in early February and the shortlisted nominees will be contacted by the end of February.
- Members of the selection committee are not permitted to nominate or vote.
Who's on the 2020 committee?
Student Relationship Manager and Senior Tutor, The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies and The Roslin Institute
Program Director, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
Student, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Science
Alumna, Executive Director at Creative Edinburgh
Head of Sports Development
Dr Neil Speirs
Widening Participation Manager
Clinical Fellow and PhD student in Clinical Psychology
Alumna, Director of Walsh Comms
President, Edinburgh University Students' Association
- The online vote will use the University's Electronic Voting and Electoral System (EVES) which delivers a secure and reliable online voting service via MyEd.
- Information Services will run the count procedure and produce the election results.