Researching social and ethical aspects of biomedicine
Our centre spearheads interdisciplinary research in bioethics, social aspects of medicine, and the medical humanities.
We are located in Usher Institute and Edinburgh Medical School. We specialise in creating dialogue between academics, practitioners, and policymakers from across the social sciences and humanities.
Our vision, mission, and aims
Our research themes and updates
Our teaching and mentoring
Our faculty, staff, and students
Our engagement and outreach
- Depression, Self and Society: My Research in Edinburgh and Beyond
- "World AIDS Day 2023 – HIV after* COVID in the UK" Blog by Wren Wilson
- Leveraging Social Media in Pandemic Preparedness: Lessons from the 2022-23 Mpox Outbreak
- Post-Truth, COVID Conspiracies, Science/Anti-Science, and Colonial Imaginaries
- The Futures of Bioethics: What Should It Look Like?