Learn 'how-to-do' things with our online information sessions
Get prepared for University with our 'How to...' sessions!
About the 'How to...' sessions
Professional and support services staff from across the University will give you practical information and share their top tips on ‘how-to-do’ something.
There’s a fantastic range of topics covered, including support and wellbeing, getting started, money management and staying safe at University.
You can access the 'How to...' information sessions in the following ways:
Watch short pre-recorded videos
- Pre-recorded videos are available to watch on our website now
- They will provide you with a bite-sized introduction to a topic to help you get prepared for University
- The title of each video will indicate whether it is aimed at undergraduate, postgraduate or relevant for all students
- All of our pre-recorded videos are subtitled
Watch recordings from our live online sessions
- From Monday 28 August to Friday 1 September, we hosted over 30 live online sessions
- Staff from across the University presented on a range of topics to help you get prepared, from how to get off to an effective start to how to be a digital citizen and stay safe online
- We recorded the presentations from all of the live online sessions, so in case you couldn't join us live or if you would like a re-cap of the information covered, you can watch the recordings now!
- The presentations are all slightly longer than the pre-recorded videos, giving you more in-depth information about a particular topic and the practical aspects of starting University
Watch our ‘How to…’ pre-recorded videos
Live online ‘How to…’ sessions