Student Immigration Service

Working as a Sabbatical Officer

International students are encouraged to stand for election as a Sabbatical Officer. Students with a Tier 4 visa are permitted to take a position as a Sabbatical Officer in the Students' Association.

The University of Edinburgh can continue to sponsor your visa for up to two years while you undertake the role.

If you have enough time on your current visa, you do not need to make a special visa application for the time that you will be in the role.

The University will make a report to the UK Visas & Immigration informing them of the change of circumstances. However, it is likely that you will eventually have to extend your visa to complete your programme.

Related Links

Student Union Sabbatical Officers (UKCISA)

Edinburgh University Students' Association (EUSA)