Student Immigration Service

Contact us

Get in touch with the Immigration team if you have any queries.

Waiting for your CAS?

We are issuing CASs as quickly as we can, so please check the status of your CAS through your MyEd/EUCLID portal.

It is currently taking around 5-10 working days for a draft CAS to be issued. If you have requested a CAS via the applicant hub please do not send us a follow-up email as we will not be able to issue your CAS any quicker. 

Please ensure you have completed all of the instructions at the link below.

REMEMBER - You will not get your CAS until you have accepted an unconditional offer.

DON'T WORRY! The standard application process from outside the UK normally takes no more than 3 weeks, so there's still plenty of time to make your visa application.

How do I request a CAS?

Applying for a Tier 4 visa from outside the UK


Contacting the Student Immigration Service

Our contact telephone number is 0131 650 9265. Please note our office hours are Monday to Friday 09.00 -17.00. 

Please note we CANNOT provide immigration advice on the telephone.  It is best that immigration advice queries are directed to us via email or by booking an appointment with an adviser.

Send us an enquiry 

If you have a question about UK student visas, please complete our enquiry form.

Send a visa enquiry

Book an appointment

If you need to see an Adviser in person, then please book an appointment online.

Services offered at appointments

Appointments are for:

  • Enquiries about UK visa applications
  • Advice about immigration options for work during or after study
  • Consequences of changes to your circumstances or studies
  • Lost passport/visa/Biometric Residence Permit
  • Visa refusals

We can also check your supporting documents for an application in the following visa categories:

  • Tier-4 General (and dependants)
  • Replacement BRP
  • Transfer of Conditions

We can only check and send applications for the following visa categories:

  • Tier 4 Doctorate Extension Scheme (and dependants)
  • Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur (and dependants)

Book now

Online appointment booking service

We take your privacy seriously - please read our Privacy Notice. 

 Privacy Notice

University staff: immigration guidance and contact details

See our contact details and information for staff who work with international students