Student Immigration Service

Time limits on study and academic progression

A Student visa comes with certain conditions, including how long you can study at undergraduate level, and what kind of programme you can progress to.

Time limits on study 

If you currently have a Student/Tier 4 visa (or if you have had one in the past), you must make sure that you can complete the programme you intend to study within the specified time limits. 


Academic progression  

When you request your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for your Student visa application, we will assess whether you meet the academic progression requirements.